Monday, April 5, 2010

Final Lesson and Assessment

This was a busy non-stop day. I taught my final lesson. It was on different types of jobs and  included reading a book to the class, brainstorming different jobs they know about, a short Notebook presentation showing jobs and workplaces, a really fun website called Jobs in Pawland (check out this site!), and finally a handout with two mirrors where they can draw pictures of what they might want to  be when they grow up. For the early finishers, I printed on the back of the handout the sentence I want to be a _______ because:.  I think they kids really enjoyed the lesson and I think it was a perfect thing to teach and discuss with spring break right around the corner because they are pretty wound up to not have school for a week. After my lesson, I performed my assessment with two children. This involved having them each write a thank you note to Bee City, where they had recently visited on a field trip. It was a fun assessment and they realized that they would be writing representing the entire class. One of them even included a couple drawings on the card. As sad as it is to have taught my last lesson, it is also a relief to be able catch up on my work and just be able to relax and enjoy spending a couple more days with the kids without the stress of running the class.

1 comment:

  1. Did you use a rubric to score their assessment on Bee City? If you did can you post it so I can see it? Or did you use write traits?

    ReplyDelete