Monday, April 5, 2010

Ch. 4 Stop and Think Question

What are your earliest memories about how your family and your teacher related? Did anyone in your family visit your school? Who? Why? What was that like for you? 
As long as I can remember my mom was very active at my schools. She was the PTA president of my school throughout elementary school at James B. Edwards and Belle Hall (I went here when it opened as a new school), so she was always around the school and everyone knew her. I can even remember her telling me not to worry about what teacher I got every year because she picked each teacher I had. My teachers always had a friend-like relationship with my mom. This made me feel like school was my extended family because everyone was friends with my mom and, therefore, all the teachers and office staff knew me. When it came time for me to go to middle school, my mother got a job as a secretary at Moultrie Middle and was always there for me and, once again, everyone knew me and I got to pick my teachers. My mom stayed at Moultrie long enough for my little sister to pass through and then followed me to Wando where she became the PTA president once again. My mother was along side of me all throughout my schooling which was very comforting because if I ever needed anything she or a friend of hers was always there.

1 comment: