Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Final Day

My final day in my classroom was exciting, but really quite sad. I didn't realize how much of a close relationship/bond that I had formed with these kids. I almost welled up with tears when Mrs. Martin gave Liza and I a card and gift! They had a party for us even with a cake! It was nice to be able to just relax and enjoy their company.  I really learned a lot from my experience and came up with quite a few ideas for when I have my own classroom. I still am convinced that I will keep the Montessori behavior management style, but realize that it may not be effective for traditionally schooled children. I am grateful for all of Mrs. Martin's time and energy, I know she is a very busy lady!

2 comments:

  1. Great times were had by all this semester! I am glad you had such a positive experience. I will keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think your Montessori experiences will (and should!) inform your future teaching. I don't want you to lose that! When you have your own class, you'll be able to set the expectations for behavior and students will quickly learn your style, even if they are "traditionally" schooled. What's difficult about management in the practicum classroom, is often the candidate's style is different from the teacher. Unfortunately, you're not there long enough for them to learn how to adapt to your style, so sometimes the students are thrown off when it differs from the regular teacher's style/expectations. I think you'll be an amazing teacher and am glad this was a good experience for you.

    ReplyDelete