Saturday, March 13, 2010

Field #6

Liza taught her literacy lesson today using the Trophies reading books as I did. I thought her story was MUCH more interesting and fun than the story I was instructed to teach. I thought Liza did a great job. I really liked how she had early finishers open their handout and illustrate and write a story about a robot. I was surprised by the reading ability of some students after observing her teach. Those students that I believed to be "low" learners overall had good reading skills. Also, the students seem to be fully acclimated to us being in their classroom. 

2 comments:

  1. Was the illustration the activity/assessment of understanding for the students?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. She had a couple of sections of questions. She accidentally ran off the handout on really large paper, which turned out to be a great space for the early finishers to work/draw/write.

    ReplyDelete