Saturday, February 20, 2010

Field #4

I was nice to not have the stress of teaching a lesson on this day. I was able to just relax and observe everything that was going on in the classroom. Our teacher had just received an updated Smartboard and the everyone was excited. The kids in the back of the room and to the side could actually see the board! Liza taught her lesson introducing the kids to their Everyday Math "My Reference Book." What seemed like a somewhat boring lesson when she told me what our teacher told her to teach really turned out to be a great lesson. The way Liza made it almost like a scavenger hunt really held the children's interest. During her lesson, I observed my case study student more and noticed a bit more of his personality. He didn't seem to enjoy working in a small group with this one student in particular, who seems to be one of the disruptive kids in the class. My case study was very vocal and disturbed by this boys neglect to follow Ms. Liza's instructions and not work as a group to get an answer. I thought it was so cute how he stood up for his group. I am looking forward to seeing his various skill levels in different subjects.

2 comments:

  1. How did you pick you case study student? I believe he was from ECDC, did a professor ask you to follow him or was it by choice? Does your case study student seem to have many friends? Is he exceptionally bright. I think it will be very interesting to hear more about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My teacher paired me with this student because she thought we would be a good match. He appears to be popular in his class. I think he knows how bright he is. One day she said to the teacher during a literacy lesson, "Mrs. Martin if I don't answer it's because I want other people to have a chance." Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete