Thursday, February 4, 2010
Field #2
My teacher put me to work! I loved it! First thing in the morning when the children come in they have a phonics worksheet and a daily oral language sentence to correct. Liza and I went around and helped the students who needed assistance with their work while Mrs. Martin did morning housekeeping. It was nice to feel needed in the room versus just sitting there watching. Having been a teacher assistant for several years, while I am sitting there observing I am restless and see lots of things that I could be doing. I also helped the teacher check their Everyday Math workbooks and help the kids who struggled. Time flew by! I love interacting with the kids and can't wait to get to know them. This day there was another parent volunteer who pulled pairs of kids to read in small groups with them out in the hall during reading time. It seemed that she was pulling some of the low readers to give them extra help. What an asset! I discussed my lesson for next week with the teacher and also was able to conduct the assessment interview. I was surprised by how much of her assessment was just informal observations. I look forward to teaching my math lesson next week, but am also nervous to work with a totally new group kids. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck! And most importantly, have fun!
ReplyDeleteh