Sunday, December 6, 2009

Final Posting Response

Am I feeling more prepared to be a teacher? My answer would be absolutely! I feel more prepared than at the beginning of the semester, but I am still overwhelmed with the thought of how much more I need to learn. This semester really opened up my eyes to things that I took advantage of on a daily basis working in the classroom. I now analyze the student's lessons, abilities, interactions, and their questions more critically. I feel as if I am more aware of effective learning strategies. I also feel more confident in my abilities to eventually run a classroom of my own.
Next semester I plan to focus on curriculum, instruction, and assessment. I loved learning how to perform a spelling assessment in literacy and look forward to learning how to perform assessments throughout all subject areas. I think that the scary part of becoming a teacher is wondering what will I be teaching and how will I teach it. That is where my phobia lies. How will I get there? The only honest answer I can give is that I will attend my courses, ask questions when they arise, and hope that everything will fall into place!

No comments:

Post a Comment