Sunday, January 24, 2010

Blog 2 Goals

This semester I would like to learn more about creative ways to implement curriculum in classroom lessons. It takes a lot of work and planning to run a classroom and it feels somewhat overwhelming to think about the amount of time that must be devoted to planning and addressing state standards to meet the needs of students. I wish to build my confidence level when it comes to effectively planning my days as a teacher. I am also eager to observe different classroom management techniques. The classroom management techniques implemented in the Montessori classroom I work in are very effective, but I question if they will be as effective in a non-Montessori environment. I love to discuss with different teachers their personal teaching philosophy. Some teachers have a laid back way to their teaching, while others are more rigid. I hope to more closely hone in on my own personal teaching style before being a student teacher next spring.

2 comments:

  1. Which do you prefer Montessori, Reggio, or the Coherent Curriculum in CCSD? What age kids do you assist with in Montessori? What montessori school are you working at currently? CCSD had the montessori school in Ion, would you like to work there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer Montessori, but that is based on my experience with it and I have 1st through 3rd graders (6-9 years old) in my class. I am at the Montessori Community School of Charleston in West Ashley and I LOVE IT there! It is one of the two public Montessori school in Charleston County, the one in Ion being the other. There are also several schools that offer 3, 4, and 5 year old Montessori programs in Charleston County. I know that Hursey is one.

    ReplyDelete